Retirement and anniversary parties can be thrilling and emotionally fulfilling events for individuals and corporations. Gourmet food shows appreciation for hard work while innovative menu items foster excitement for what is next.
In this post, we offer ideas to make retirement and corporate anniversary parties vibrant events for everyone attending.
How to Throw a Spectacular Retirement and Anniversary Party
Retirement and Anniversary Party Themes
Jet back in time or hype the present and future era with these retirement and anniversary party theme ideas:
- Decade: the year your company started or how many years its been in business can set your anniversary party theme. For example, have fun celebrating a 60th anniversary with a 1960s theme complete with beads and psychedelic decorations. You may even invite your guests to dress in the style of that decade and serve them trendy food.
- Color or slogan: you can weave corporate colors, slogans and photos into almost any event theme. If you plan to really highlight your company’s roots, you may opt for a black and white historical theme and photos.
- Interests or values: if you are celebrating an individual or company with strong values or interests, those attributes can set your retirement or anniversary party theme. Encouraging donations to charities in lieu of gifts will make the event fulfilling for everyone.
Retirement and Anniversary Party Invitations
From email to print, there are countless creative and entertaining ways to spread the retirement and anniversary party news. With employees, press, clients, partners and the public all being potential guests, you will likely use several engaging mediums. Make sure all your retirement or anniversary party invitations convey the same exciting news and include these key elements:
- Basic information: date, time, location, dress and theme should all be listed in a way that draws in guests and sparks further curiosity about your big event.
- Fun hashtags: start hashtaging clever expressions when promoting the event on social media and let guests reciprocate. You can also print these catchy retirement or anniversary party hashtags on invitations.
- Promotional offer: welcome current and potential clients to your company celebration with special deals or contests.
- Thank-you note: whether you are celebrating an individual’s great career or years of corporate progress, let each person know that their efforts are valued. A personal signature adds an exceptional touch.
Retirement and Anniversary Party Decorations
Table runners and centerpieces accented with company colors set the stage for a spectacular corporate celebration. We also suggest adding interactive décor like a gorgeous custom bulletin board for guests to pin pictures and quotes. This retirement or anniversary party decoration later serves as a legacy piece in the office.
Catering a Retirement and Anniversary Party
Custom menus that showcase creativity in the kitchen are a key feature of retirement and business anniversary parties. Innovative dishes create an energy among guests that fosters mingling and celebrating. We love these these retirement and anniversary food ideas:
- Passed appetizers and hors d’oeuvres: a fabulous cocktail reception sets the stage for a classy evening. Appetizers like white fish ceviche shooters and hyllo tartlets filled with brie and ginger candy start the evening on a high note.
- Plated dinners: most retirement and anniversary parties will serve delicious plated dinners. This invites guests to relax during the main meal and enjoy their company while celebrating success. Our sample menu gives you an idea of the custom dishes we serve like a roasted vegetable and polenta tower with wilted spinach, mushroom ragout and porcini sauce.
- Chef stations: although food stations can be considered a bit more casual, they offer the benefit of encouraging guests to mingle as they create beautiful plates. Because our food like fire-grilled asparagus with tarragon béarnaise and a carving station with roasted beef tenderloin is anything but casual, chef stations are still a great option for formal events.
- Dessert: cake is the traditional retirement party dessert of choice, but we also suggest mini indulgences displayed using our out-of-the-box ideas. Mini mousse shooters, petite cupcakes and mini pies are the perfect treats for an event where socializing and networking is a priority.
- Extraordinary drinks: a big celebration calls for a full-service bar with the finest beer, wine and spirits. BG Events and Catering staff events with experienced bartenders who make sure each guest finds a drink suited to his or her style.